Tuesdays Tips a day late! Today’s tip will be about Holiday Hazards this season.
The Holiday season is full of joy but there are many hazards that come with decorating this time of year.
If you get a real Christmas tree try to keep your pets away from the water which may contain fertilizer from the tree as well as stagnant water is a breeding ground for bacteria which may cause nausea and/or diarrhea.
Avoid real mistletoe and holly, as these can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea if ingested. Mistletoe can also cause possible cardiovascular problems.
Avoid using tinsel and other stringed ornaments as these might look fun to play with for a cat but if ingested can lead to a possible obstruction in the digestive tract, vomiting, dehydration and possible surgery.
Everyone loves to string lights around the house make sure to keep wires out of reach as these can cause a shock if chewed.
Make sure to keep glass ornaments higher up if you have a curious cat or pup if knocked off the tree and/or chewed will cause damage.
We want everyone to have a happy and safe Holiday this year